SED - Social Economic Development Projects
The key principle of Socio-economic development is for your company to carry out initiatives that result in the beneficiaries having sustainable access to the economy and hence reduce the poverty barrier.
Your company needs to spend 1% of your Net Profit After Tax to earn all the points available. Costs can be direct or indirect. Costs are tax deductable as well. BINDING CLASS RULING: BCR 002 - See the SARS note here.
We use your funding to implement ABET ,and other vocational projects :
- to support the proclaimed national critical skills priority area of ABET and adult education for the job seeker or
- for the upliftment of unemployed and educationally disadvantaged Black learner
Your contribution thus directly services to a sector of the community hardest hit by poverty and the HIV AIDS pandemic by funding two critical ABET areas:
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER / HOME BASED CARE GIVER PROGRAMMES
- Training and deploying of home based care givers and child carers in the community,
- Empowering individuals to market themselves as employable care givers/child minders in the community,
- Allowing individuals to progress to higher ancillary and primary health care qualifications and thus better job prospects.
GENERIC MANAGEMENT SKILLS PROGRAMMES
These structured programmes are intended for unemployed Black persons who as a result of his unemployment cannot access job opportunities or Learnerships currently offered within industry to its employees.
VOCATIONAL TRAINING AND SKILLS PROGRAMMES
These structured VOCATIONAL programmes such as plumbing, hos[itality, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and welding are also intended for unemployed Black persons who as a result of his unemployment cannot access job opportunities or Learnerships currently offered within industry to its employees.