A Skills Development Facilitator is a must for your business!
- Have you been getting your grants back from your SETA?
- Is someone planning , monitoring and ensuring that your training suits your BBBEE strategy ?
- Have you got learnerships and other BEE training programmes in place?
If the answer is no, then the chances are that you need help. Your business is paying a monthly 1% skills levy to the receiver of revenue. This is 1% of your total payroll. A portion thereof, 20% is allocated to the National Skills fund. The balance is paid over to your SETA - Sector Education and Training authority. The Seta is entitled to withold a small amount for administration costs.
You stand to recover at least 20% for basic compliancy and another 50% by way of pre planned training grants from the SETA.
Why should you bother?
There is no legal obligation to do any training or to comply as long as you are paying your monthly SKILLS DEVELOPMENT Levies to the reciever of revenue.
However, failing to run a proper skills development process/strategy :
- No BBBEE points for Skills Development
(Skills carries 25 points for larger companies and 30 BEE points for smaller companies).
- Impact on your employment equity compliancy
( Employment Equity requires targetted upskilling and training to be implemented) .
- No grants back from the SETA
(Complying enables your company to retrieve up to 70% of your skills development levy).
- disqualification from accessing discretionary grants, learnerships and other training initiatives.
These incentives and requirements make it imperative for companies to comply.